Wednesday, May 31, 2006

May 30 - Ivanhoe to the City

Tonight I was meeting one of my best friends in the city for a meal, so decided to run to his hotel, have a quick shower and then out.

Left Ivanhoe and followed Heidelberg Road down to Fairfield Park. Was moving at about 4.20 pace for the first four k's and felt pretty good. Once I reached Fairfield I cut across to Merri Creek and followed the Capital City Trail down to Dights Falls. I still felt very good and had eased off to 4:35 pace. From Dights Falls it was a bit stop/start as I cut through Collingwood to Fitzroy Gardens.

Once I reached Fitzroy Gardens I cut through there and then down through Treasury Gardens. It was here I got a similar tight feeling in my left hamstring and calf that I experienced in the Sri Chinmoy on Sunday. Not certain if it was due to trying to protect my left toe or anything else, or just a minor cramping.

Anyway I plugged on and it seemed to loosen up a bit as I followed Flinders Street to Spencer Street. All up just over 11k's in 53 minutes.

The steak at JJ's Bar and Grill and Yarra Burn Shiraz Viogner tasted even better after a run!